Hello Friends and Associates,
THE JCA IS PRESENTLY SEEKING A VOLUNTEER MEMBERSHIP CHAIR! !
Applications are currently being accepted!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY DEC 8TH, 2017
COMMITTEE CHAIR POSITION AVAILABLE: Membership Committee Chair
FOR ALL APPLICANTS: All completed forms should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Application Must Include:
- Cover Letter
- Application Form
- Updated Membership Form
- The Membership position is being posted for a term of two (2) years
- Committee Chairs can be elected to serve a maximum of three consecutive terms
- Experience leading a committee undergoing change and restructuring
- Ability to create and present reports to the JCA Board of Directors.
- Able to work independently and lead a team of volunteers in a fast paced, intense working environment
- Knowledge of social and other issues impacting the communities & constituents JCA represents
- Experience building partnerships internally and externally to achieve the organization’s objectives
- A minimum time commitment of up to 40 hours per month, (includes report writing, preparation time, meetings, appearances and committee work)
- Convene and chair the Membership Committee
- Maintain accurate membership data base*
- Mail out Annual Membership Renewal Notification byJanuary 31
- Plan and execute membership appreciation events as mandated by the Board
- Serve on the awards committee a group that identifies suitable candidates to be presented to the Board for recognition by the Jamaican, Municipal, Provincial, and Federal Governments; and other organizations as appropriate
- Maintain an accurate record of all nominees; a copy of the said list is to be filed with the Secretary
- Ongoing recruitment of new members
- Setting annual targets for recruitment of new members
- Developing outreach and yearly blitzes to attract new members
- Collect annual membership dues
- Be responsible for offering compassionate support to members/families in the event of illness or bereavement, by arranging hospital/home visits and/or sending flowers/cards/gifts as appropriate
- Prepare and submit a report to the Vice President for presentation to members at each quarterly and annual general meeting
- Submit to the Vice President, the committee’s annual work plan and budget not later than three months (3) prior to the Annual General Meeting for Board’s approval
There is NO requirement of having Jamaican ancestry to become a member of this organization. We are an association of individuals that share a common love and appreciation for the Jamaican cultural heritage and invite you to help us celebrate it. The membership composition is currently 50% adults ages 25-65, seniors/retired individuals represent 30% and youth under 25 is 20%.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Nominations Committee
Telephone : 416-746-5772 , Ext 220
Facebook : www.facebook.com/JamaicanCanadianAssociation
The Jamaican Canadian Association – The hub for community engagement since 1962.